May Half Term
wb 25.5.2020 May Half Term
Hello Chameleons! It's the school holidays again (woohoo!) so I won't be setting you any actual work this week, I just want you to have some fun and a well deserved rest! The weather is supposed to be lovely this week (it's already boiling today!) so i'm sure you will enjoy lots of fun outside in the garden or on your daily walks. Below is an 'Illustration to creation' that you might want to use to get your creative juices flowing!
Have a well deserved week of fun! You absolutely deserve it!
I'm looking forward to hearing from you all again next week . Stay safe!
Miss Makepeace x
Illustration to Creation:
If you are looking for something to do this week, I thought this would be a lovely, creative and open-ended task for you to have a go at. It's not just about writing and reading but how an image can inspire art, creativity, design, science, knowledge etc. More examples can be found using the hashtag #Illustration2Creation.
This week's ideas are inspired by Roberto Innocenti's beautiful images for Carlo Collodi's Pinocchio.
- Look at the image in detail - list all the sounds you can hear & count the number of children sitting, falling, riding, sliding.
- Create a fairground ride inspired by your favourite cartoon/game character.
- Design a fairground park including rides, food stalls, games and shows.
- Make puppets and then write and perform a show to your family.
- Describe the scene using powerful verbs, adjectives and figurative language - similes, metaphors, personification, alliteration, hyperbole.
- Interview and record your families experiences of fairgrounds and rides.
- Make a musical instrument (drum or trumpet?).
- Make a fruit salad for your family using melon or make toffee apples (with adult support).
- Design a carousel or tree house.
But most of all...have fun! If you do have a go at this, take some pictures of your creations and email them over to me! I would love to see them!
Have a super, fun-filled week!