Week 2: 8th-12th June
- Click on the links below to take you to the learning videos from White Rose Maths. The worksheets are attached below.
- This week's maths will not link to BBC Bitesize. However, you might want to check these out too for extra revision.
- Make sure you log on to Mathletics and complete any assigned tasks.
As it is Science week this week, there will be no assigned English learning activities. However, we would like you to continue reading Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riodran. Please read up to
chapter 13 to prepare yourselves for next weeks English activities. You can read the full book for free online by following the link below (if you try to download it will ask you to pay, it is free to read online), or some of you may already have the book at home.
From reading the emails you have sent, it is clear that you are really enjoying this story, which is fantastic because it gets even better...! If you didn't manage to complete last week's English tasks or start the book, you could also use this time to catch up.
Please continue to practise spellings on Spelling Shed.
Science Week - Earth and Space!
This week we are having a science-themed learning week.
There are 5 different lessons for you to complete after a simple introduction exercise.
Each of the lessons has an activity for you to complete including creating a fact-file, completing a science investigation and creating a model.
There are quite a lot of short videos for you to watch to support your understanding, you will often benefit from watching these more than once.
We hope you enjoy completing the range of activities and will look forward to you sharing your learning with us.
Positive Mental Health and Wellbeing
Bike Week 2020 will be online from 6th to 14th June
Cycling UK are holding a series of fun Bike Week events online. Cycling remains a great way to keep fit and active and is a good way to boost immunity, it’s also great for your mental well-being. Why not take on the #7daysofcycling challenge this Bike Week, there is a chance for you to win prizes. Find out more through the link to our Positive Mental Health and Wellbeing Page (below).
Illustration to Creation
* Discover your pirate name and research what your role on ship means.
* Draw yourself as a pirate.
* Design a pirate flag for your ship.
* Design a pirate ship.
* Make a boat out of cushions/your bed & go sailing for booty!
* Bury some time capsule treasure in your garden. What do you put in?
* Organise a treasure hunt for your family to enjoy.
* Make a film to advertise for shipmates.