Week 3 - 18.1.21
Home Learning Week 3
Note to parents
This week you may need some ingredients if you wish to make polar bear toast. One of the art activities also uses cotton wool. You may wish to add these items to you weekly shopping list:
- 2 slices of sandwich bread
- soft cream cheese
- a banana
- blueberries, raisins, chocolate buttons (or similar)
- cotton wool
Please tune into your daily phonics sessions each day at 9am.
If you would like any extra phonics lessons, please see the Read Write Inc Youtube page here. New videos are uploaded daily and will be available for 24 hours.
Below are some activities which will help you to practice your phonics skills.
Please find the video link below to each individual lesson, along with the activity which correlates to each one.
There are five lessons, one for each day this week and the focus is on 'Winter Activities'.
This week in our Literacy and Topic, we will be learning all about polar bears.
We will be reading the story 'The Polar Bear Son'. Here is an online version of the story.
Arts and Design
Here are a few creative ideas for you to have a go at.
Please remember that its hard for our grown ups to get all of the things we may need, so if you are struggling to find resources, lets be inventive! Recycling bins are great for finding model making materials and you will have lots of things around the house which you could use too, just make sure you ask your adults before you dismantle anything please!
Polar Bear Toast
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Polar Bear and his cubs:
- 2 slices sandwich bread
- 1-2 tablespoons soft cream cheese
- 1 banana, sliced
- 11 blueberries, raisins or chocolate buttons
- Use a small cup to cut two circles from a slice of bread.
- If desired, toast the whole slice of bread and the two circles.
- Spread soft cream cheese on toasted bread.
- Position banana slices to form the bears’ ears and snouts.
- Position blueberries to complete the bears’ faces.