Welcome to our Governors’ section.
The Governors of Greenside are very active and interested in the life of the school. Through attendance at meetings, scrutinising documents and being involved in school events, they gather knowledge about the school to be able to challenge and support school staff to keep standards high in all areas.
The constitution of the governing board is:
- 1 x Local Authority (LA) governor, recommended by the LA and approved by the governing board
- 2 x parent governors, formally elected through a ballot of parents unless the election is uncontested
- 4 x co-opted governors, nominated and appointed by the governing board
- 1 x staff governor, formally elected by staff employed at school
- 3 x associate members, appointed by the governing board (can vote in committee meetings)
The governing board operates with six full governing board meetings per annum. The governing board also operate a teaching and learning/pupil support committee to meet three times a year and be clerked by Governor Support Services. The members of this committee are:
Katie James, Amber Wilson (Chair), Sarah Fuller, Christine Burrill, Judy Ross, Martin Phillips, Waqas Tufail and Dale Lockwood.
A Resources committee to meet three times a year and be clerked by Governor Support Services. The members of this committee are:
Sarah Fuller, Christine Burrill, Mark Thorson, Judy Ross, Amber Wilson, and Waqas Tufail.